A knight cloaked in dragon-like armor, with spear in hand. Though not one to display emotion, he is compassionate and possesses a strong sense of justice.
Kain (カイン) is a playable character in Final Fantasy IV and a warrior of Cosmos in Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy.
Kain in Final Fantasy IV
A dragoon serving the strong military state of Baron. He decides to leave Baron alongside Cecil after having received outrageous orders from the king.
He views his close childhood friend Cecil as his rival and is proud of his dragoon heritage. But he also possessed dark thoughts. These feelings were used, causing Kain to stray from his chosen path.
Kain in Dissidia Final Fantasy
Some time has passed since his summoningg to this world. This time has aided him in regaining most of his memories, including those of both Cecil and GOlbez, other inhabitants of his realm.
Feeling a sense of urgency with the appearance of the manikins, Golbez informs him of the truth of the cycle, causing him to further debate the action he should take. Meeting with the Warrior of Light, however, who has also resigned himself to their destiny to lose, gives him the resolve to confess the truth of the cycle. They then make a pact to effect a “false” defeat in the twelfth cycle.
He planned to cut his ties with his allies by declaring himself a traitor, but through his travels with his allies, he comes to understand their goals and ultimately changes his ways.
Lightning was the only target he could not capture. It seems that the others convinced him to apologize to Lightning again upon rejoining the party.
|Spiral Blow||Land||1||30 (15)||100|
|Lance Burst||Land||19||30 (15)||100|
|Lance Barrage||Air||1||30 (15)||100|
|Celestial Shooter||Air||13||30 (15)||100|
|Crashing Dive||Air||1||30 (15)||100|
|Dragon's Fang||Land||23||30 (15)||130|
|Rising Drive||Air||36||30 (15)||130|
|Sky Rave||Air||8||30 (15)||130|
|Dragon's Fang||Air||31||30 (15)||130|
|Opponent||Crashing Dive||BRV||Ar||Wall Rush|
|Opponent||Dragon's Fang||HP||Air||Wall Rush|
- Dragoon’s Pride — The ultimate dragoon jump. Repeatedly press command displayed on the screen to raise the gauge. The command will change twice at random.
- Regen — [ALWAYS ACTIVE WHILE IN EX MODE] Vigor and stamina recover little by little, restoring HP. (1.42% of Max HP regenerated every 3 seconds)
- Critical Boost — [ALWAYS ACTIVE WHILE IN EX MODE] Increases chance of bravery attacks dealing critical hits.
- Lancet — [ACTIVATE WITH R + SQUARE] Damage dealt absorbed as HP and immediately recovers spent BRV. Cancel action with Air Dash.
By default, Kain can equip:
- Weapons — swords, daggers, greatswords, katanas, spears
- Gloves — shields, gauntlets, large shields
- Headgear — helms
- Body armor — light armor, heavy armor
|Black Dragon Spear||1||HP-195 ATK+20 DEF-2|
|Holy Dragon Spear||30||HP-377 ATK+44 DEF-2||Assist Gauge Duration +10%|
|Abel's Lance||90||HP-288 ATK+65 DEF-1||Assist Gauge Duration +20%|
|Highwind||100||HP-328 ATK+69 DEF-1||Assist Gauge Duration +30%, Back to the Wall Effect|