The weapon collecting, dimension hopping, self-proclaimed “legendary swordsman”. Although possessing the body of a fiend, he holds a strong sense of loyalty and compassion.
Gilgamesh is an antagonist in Final Fantasy V and a warrior of Chaos in Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy.
Gilgamesh in Final Fantasy V
In the original game, Gilgamesh frequently appeared before Bartz as Exdeath’s right-hand man.
Despite his post, Gilgamesh tends to quickly flee or go on the defensive when he feels that the tide is turning against him. He also steals a treasure out of his master’s castle, only to be scolded thoroughly. His mannerisms are intriguing if not humorous.
Bartz steadily stole the precious Genji equipment while turning a blind eye to Gilgamesh’s antics.
Gilgamesh in Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy
Even Gilgamesh himself does not know whether he was summoned to this realm as a warrior of Chaos or just ended up in this realm after getting lost within the Rift. Regardless, he explores this world as he pleases, unconcerned with the battle of the gods.
He finally gets his chance to face his rival Bartz in a duel. Though the ideal he held and the reality that awaited differed, this mettered little to Gilgamesh.
At times barging in on a duel, while at other times stealing treasure as a thief, Gilgamesh seems to be in good health in any dimension he travels to.
|Dual Thrust||Land||25||20 (10)||120|
|Wind Slash||Land||11||20 (10)||100|
|Cross Slash||Land||3||20 (10)||100|
|Whirlwind Slash||Land||1||20 (10)||120|
|Double Trouble||Air||20 (10)||120|
|Whirlwind Slash||Air||20 (10)||120|
|Rocket Punch||Land||1||30 (15)||130|
|Death Claw||Land||28||30 (15)||130|
|Sword Dance||Air||30 (15)||130|
|Opponent||Cross Slash||BRV||Land||Wall Rush|
|Opponent||Death Claw||HP||Land||Wall Rush|
- The Greatest Sword — A flurry of attacks using the greatest sword ever known.
Select Excalibur to deal great damage. Select Excalipoor to…
- Regen — [ALWAYS ACTIVE WHILE IN EX MODE] Vigor and stamina recover little by little, restoring HP.
- Critical Boost — [ALWAYS ACTIVE WHILE IN EX MODE] Increases chance of bravery attacks dealing critical hits.
- Octo-Break — [ALWAYS ACTIVE WHILE IN EX MODE] Wields a weapon in each of his eight arms. Which weapon he wields is unknown until entering EX Mode.
By default, Gilgamesh can equip:
- Weapons — swords, daggers, greatswords, katanas, spears, axes, thrown
- Gloves — shields, parrying, gauntlets, large shields
- Headgear — helms
- Body armor — light armor, heavy armor, chestplates
|Osafune||30||BRV+41 ATK+40 DEF-2||Weapon||EX Force Absorption +3%|
|Kotetsu||90||BRV+34 ATK+63 DEF-1||Weapon||EX Force Absorption +5%|
|Yoshiyuki||100||BRV+39 ATK+68 DEF-1||Weapon||EX Force Absorption +10%, Riposte Effect|